Re: libreCAD, can't find help docs

On Monday 06 June 2016 09:12:46 Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> On Dom, 05 Jun 2016, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Sunday 05 June 2016 05:59:14 Curt wrote:
> >> All I can find as a "pis aller" after a quick look is this:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_users_Manual
> >
> > This I did find, but its for a much newer version 2.0 than what is
> > in the repo's.  That repo version is 1.02 according the about, built
> > in 2012. So one could say they are a tad out of step. And I don't
> > really see any great amount of progress in bringing the repo version
> > up to the docs version.
>
> Jessie, the current stable version, has version 2.0.4. Testing has
> 2.0.9. You seem to be running Wheezy; don't expect a newer version.
> For that matter, even Jessie is unlikely to get newer versions (with
> the exception of security fixes).

So the bottom line is that wheezy doesn't have a decent CAD program, and
never will.  At some point, I'll be able to update the working CNC
machines to jessie, but a target date hasn't been set yet.  I am used to
writing my own gcode, some of which has been pretty complex, so its not
a show stopper.

Thanks Eduardo.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)