Re: libreCAD, can't find help docs

On Friday 03 June 2016 07:03:54 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 03 June 2016 10:59:53 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > Wheezy, i386.
> >
> > libreCAD looks like a simple enough cad I could learn how to use but
> > it cannot find its help docs.
> >
> > I do not see a separate docs package in the repo's.
> >
> > Does anyone have a clue where they might be found?
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/Main_Page
> http://wiki.librecad.org/index.php/LibreCAD_users_Manual
>
> GIYF??? ;-)

That, sadly, is for version 2.0, apparently much more capable than the
version in the repo's which is 1.07, and 6 years old.
I tried to install freecad as I have some experience with it on *buntu
10-04 LTS, but that blew up my database and I now have about 70 :amd64
files installed on an i386 system.  And neither synaptic nor dpkg will
let me fix it.  See my other msg this morning.

I may have to see if I can upodate to jessie yet. In which case I do it
as amd64 as I believe the linuxcnc simulation will run on it.  The real
thing will not, the amd64 latency is horrible.  But the simulator is
running on an amd64 kernel right now.

root@coyote:/var/cache/apt/archives# uname -a
Linux coyote 3.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt25-2~bpo70+1
(2016-04-12) x86_64 GNU/Linux

And its happy as a clam.

Thank Lisi.
> Lisi