Re: [ A little off topic] Best e-mail client for Android

K9 and the forks and family are oldies and goodies. They are showing their
age, but still, one cannot go wrong with them.

GMail and Inbox are resource hogs (along with most gapps).

Microsoft's Outlook (not the Windows Outlook or Express!) is a decent
lightweight contender and integrates calendar and contacts functions as well.
This program is an acquisition. Its calendar functions will be incorporating
those of another of their acquisitions, Sunrise calendar, which was one of the
best.
(Note that it plays very well with GMail accounts but it never read my own
IMAP server through which I ran my pop3 accounts. I run the old pop3 stuff
through GMail now so this works out just fine. Do not need the GMail app to do
this--set it up on the site.)