Re: Changing Window Title in Putty

> You see I had to change the /etc/screenrc file and turn the hardstatus
> line to show that I was in a screen.

Well, you did ask specifically about putty and the solution would do
what is needed for putty.  In which case, it wouldn't matter what the
/etc/screen settings are.

> I think your getting confused as what I want to do has nothing to do
> with putty.

"Changing Window Title in Putty" -- subject line?

> As I can also use terminal on my Apple Mac and it also shows the window
> title different on the two servers which I am comparing, so if one shows
> it how I want and the other one does not, and the putty client or
> whatever client has the configurations identically for each server, then
> the only thing that must be different is the server itself surely, as
> they have both been configured the same do you follow me ?

Yes, I follow.

The other thing you can do is adjust the PS1 / PS2 lines on the
terminal.  That won't involve putty or screen settings....

A.