Re: How do I set different JAVA_HOME for different users?

Hi,

assuming you are running bash as shell, there are the startup files
for login and shell start.
>From man bash:

       /etc/profile
              The systemwide initialization file, executed for login shells
       /etc/bash.bashrc
              The systemwide per-interactive-shell startup file
       ~/.bash_profile
              The personal initialization file, executed for login shells
       ~/.bashrc
              The individual per-interactive-shell startup file

I have most of my personal preferences in ~/.bashrc .
Stuff like:

  export LC_COLLATE="C"
  export HISTCONTROL="ignoredups"
  export PS1='\u@\h:\W> '

So i guess it would be a good place to set

  export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64"

Have a nice day :)

Thomas