Re: What Package?

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Arnoud van der Veer
<arnoudvanderveer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems with playing flash files while using Iceweasel in
> Debian.
> Iam using Debian for about 4 weeks now and have never been able to play
> flash files: unknown SWF file. (flash player plugin crashes)
> Bit of a pain really: uploaded a movie to youtube today, in order to look at
> it on Youtube I had to refer to a computer with Windows installed since i
> cannot watch anything in Iceweasel on Youtube (and many other websites)
> using Debian.
> Please let me know what package this concerns so that I can file a
> bugreport. I do not succeed in this since I do not know what package this
> involves, although I have tried to file in a bug report.
>
> Thanks, kind regards, Arnoud van der Veer, the Netherlands

I am able to play videos on youtube.com in iceweasel using the
following set of packages.

% dpkg -l \*iceweasel\* \*flash\* | grep ^ii | grep -v l10n
ii  flashplugin-nonfree         1:3.6.1              amd64
Adobe Flash Player - browser plugin
ii  iceweasel                   38.7.1esr-1~deb8u1   amd64        Web
browser based on Firefox
ii  iceweasel-vimperator        3.8.2-2              all
Iceweasel extension to make it have vim look and feel
ii  libhal1-flash               0.3.2-dmo2+bp1       amd64
Compatibility library to allow playback of flash DRM content

and my sources.list is

% stuff.pl /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free