Re: Do not know which package bug is in

On Fri, 2016-04-01 at 11:21 +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-04-01 at 10:25 +0100, Robin Oberg wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm new to Linux and Debian 8.3, but thought I'd help out by sharing
> > this bug that I've found. My system crashes randomly when my iPhone
> > is
> > charging via USB, and every time that it happens I am forced to
> > hard-reboot the laptop by holding down the power button. I don't know
> > where in the system this bug could be located, what package it might
> > be.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Intermittent failures like that sound more like hardware problems. I
> seem to recall reading that charging devices like that demands more
> power than the computer can supply.
>
> Oliver Elphick

Would that not mean that the same problem exists in other operating
systems as well? But seeing as it works fine to charge this old iPhone 4
in Windows, so it does not seem like a hardware malfunction in this
particular case.

Everything except the mouse just freezes, and no keyboard combination I
can think of helps. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Q, Ctrl+Esc, Super+Esc, Ctrl
+Alt+Del... There is only one way out, and that's to hard-reboot
everything (which my harddrive doesn't seem to enjoy).

//Robin Oberg