Re: Further to my installation error

On Sunday 20 March 2016 09:34:53 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 20 March 2016 04:54:20 Adam Wilson wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Mar 2016 22:21:58 +0000
> >
> > Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > No.  I checked and double checked that the partitions on the disk
> > > which I wanted to use for installation were all marked with the F
> > > for format, and that nothing on the disk it had been told to leave
> > > alone had an F.  It kept wanting to format the spare disk's swap,
> > > which I did not want.
> >
> > Why not? You wanted to carry over the swap created by a previous
> > installation?
>
> Doing that, leaving a potentially dirty swap for a new install?  No
> sensible reason to do so, format that puppy.

Am I the only person on this list who has ever wanted to install on one disk
and leave another alone for some reason? Surely not!!  I wanted to install on
sda and leave sdb alone.  So I told it not to use sdb.  Not to format sdb.
Not to touch sdb.  Why?  Because I didn't want sdb touched.  I was not
leaving a potentially dirty swap for a new install.  I was telling the new
install not to use the second disk.  Sheesh.  When I could see I would just
have disconnected sdb.  It would then have been left alone.  OK.

I regard that as a sensible reason.

Lisi