Choosing default applications (Calibre, PDF)

I'm using Calibre for reading magazines and books. I have it installed
on two machines which both are running Debian 8 with very similar
installation (no desktop environment, i3 window manager).

When I click to read a PDF book in Calibre one of my machines opens
Okular (the general KDE media viewer) whereas the other machine opens
Gimp (and that's really annoying). Both machines have Okular installed
and I'd like to use that. Both machines have KDE's file associations set
correctly (I think): Okular is the first application in the preference
order for type application/pdf (in systemsettings / file associations).

So what would you suggest? How do I configure the default pdf viewer?

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://github.com/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///