Re: Is it possible to conduct a Debian install over wifi (iwlwifi)?

On Mon 07 Mar 2016 at 20:30:19 +0100, Nicolas George wrote:

> L'octidi 18 ventôse, an CCXXIV, Brian a écrit :
> > > dpkg --fsys-tarfile /path/to/file.deb | tar x
> >
> > You've tried using dpkg from a console in the installer at the install
> > stage we are considering? Feel free to report back on your experience.
>
> No, but I am ready to bet public humiliation that this will work.

Over the years I've observed that statements based on some preconceived
idea take precedence over trying a procedure and coming to a conclusion
based on experience and what is documented.

dpkg is not installed with 'Load installer components from CD'.

If it is present the 'give-me-a-miracle=yes' option must have been
passed to d-i.