Re: exim4 maildir_tag

On 8/03/2016 4:31 AM, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 02:48:56AM +1100, Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> Probably the easiest way is to get dovecot to create the files. Look at
> either http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Exim or
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/LMTP/Exim for how to tell Exim to deliver
> messages to dovecot. Dovecot will then store the file in whatever mail
> storage format you dictate (compress maildirs as you want, or its own
> dbox format).
>
> Basically, LDA or LMTP allow you to decouple the mail delivery task
> (exim) from the mail storage task (dovecot).

So, mail queue handling will then be done by dovecot-lda instead of exim4.

Will mailq still give me results the same way?

Also, I do the following sometimes:
  exim4 -M msgid   # retry delivery
  exim4 -Mg msgid  # cancel delivery

  and others.... -Mvh  -Mvb and -Mvl

Will they all work the same or are there new ways to learn if I use
dovecot-lda ?

Thanks
AndrewM