Re: help using apt-build

Hello  Michael,

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Michael Fothergill
<michael.fothergill@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 5 March 2016 at 20:00, Javier Barroso <javibarroso@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Michael Fothergill
>> <michael.fothergill@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> > I couldn't make apt-build work but the apt build dep command did work
>> > -however I think that some dependencies are missing in stretch that
>> > would be
>> > there in jessie....
>> >
>> > I have a jessie install and I will use that instead for this.
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> At debian sid apt-build is working:
>>
>> # apt update
>> # apt-build source-build adun.app
>> # ls /var/cache/apt-build/repository/
>> adun.app_0.81-7+aptbuild1_amd64.deb
>> adun-core_0.81-7+aptbuild1_amd64.deb     Packages.gz
>> adun.app-dbg_0.81-7+aptbuild1_amd64.deb  dists/
>>            Release
>>
>> Build directory on /var/cache/apt-build/build
>

> I did apt update:
>
> It worked OK except for a gripe about some i386 packages -
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as
> repository 'http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb stable InRelease' doesn't
> support architecture 'i386'

To fix it, you need to change
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list to read:

deb [arch=amd64] http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main

> W: Failed to fetch
> file:/var/cache/apt-build/repository/dists/apt-build/main/binary-i386/Packages
> File not found -
> /var/cache/apt-build/repository/dists/apt-build/main/binary-i386/Packages
> (2: No such file or directory)
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> I then checked the repository directory:
>
> root@rhubarb:/var/cache/apt-build/build# ls /var/cache/apt-build/repository
>
> dists  Packages.gz  Release
>
> I then tried the command
>
> root@rhubarb:/var/cache/apt-build/build# apt-build build-source adun.app
> E: Unable to find a source package for adun.app
> Some error occured building package
>
> What I am doing wrong here?

Seems like adun.app was removed from stretch [1], but that it is on
sid [2] but cannot be installed/migrated on/to stretch [3]

Maybe you can try to add deb-src unstable (sid) line to sources.list
and try again (not sure if all build depends will be on stretch).

I hope that help

Regards,

[1]  https://packages.qa.debian.org/a/adun.app/news/20150711T163912Z.html
[2] https://packages.debian.org/sid/adun.app