Re: Why so big EFI partition?

Albin@Otterhall.com wrote:
>On 03/03/2016 12:55 AM, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Basically, there are lots of
>> reported (real and potential) issues with smaller sizes, so we've
>> picked a larger size by default for the guided partitioning.
>
>I wasn't aware of the potential problems. Funny that Ubuntu's
>documentation still recommends 200MiB if at least 512MiB is recommended.

Yes, it's odd...

>Btw, can the Debian installer handle *iB units? When I installed it only
>mentioned "MB" and "GB".

Sorry, no. The code is in the "partman" module if you'd like to take a
look and maybe try to add the support.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html