Re: How to tell the system to load right name for wireless card?

I've had two kinds of instances over here when a wireless wifi adapter wasn't picked up correctly. One of them happened when I accidentally changed the usb port the adapter was in and the network profile no longer matched. The second happened as a result of a brown out preparatory to a black out of power. A third instance happened and maybe this effects you too. I run different operating systems on the same hardware by swapping out hard drives. I had run KaliLinux on the machine for a little while and returning to talkingarchlinux, on the first boot of the machine the wireless wifi adapter wasn't picked up correctly. A subsequent reboot of the machine got a correct connection though. Had this been windows I would have had to reboot more often and perhaps would have found this stuff out sooner but we're dealing with Linux which is loads more stable especially for those of us who use screen readers and accessibility environments like emacspeak.

On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, German wrote:

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 02:31:45
From: German <gentgerman@gmail.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: How to tell the system to load right name for wireless card?

Hi list,

A couple of days ago I asked why my pc changes the wireless card name.
It switches between AR9285 ( right) and AR5008 ( wrong). Someone
suggested  that this is because another kernel module is loaded by
mistake. Well, it is not the case. When system identified with AR9285,
it loads ath9k and I can connect to the router. When system identifies
my card as AR5008, no kernel module is present at all ( lspci -k). The
wrong card name occurs only when system rebooted. If I gracefully shut
down the system, it always comes up with a right name for the card
( AR9285). So, how to force the system identify my card right no matter
if I reboot or shut down? Thank you.