Re: Why so big EFI partition?

What does systemd-boot and initramfs do? And how much space does they take?

​First of all, when i said kernel i mean the compressed kernel image (vmlinuz).
So these two files are used to boot your system, each opearting system using sysmted-boot should have a copy of these two files on the ESP for each kernel version that they use [please someone correct me if i'm wrong]​.

​Just to get an overall ideia of how much space does it take, my stretch system would use about 20MB for storing both files for one kernel version.​

Samuel Henrique O. P. [samueloph]
Técnico em Informática - UTFPR [2012].
Estudante de Engenharia de Computação - UTFPR.