Re: ImageMagick (display) unable to load font

On 2016-03-02, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 05:22:21PM +0100, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
>> On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 13:09 +0000, Curt wrote:
>> > I don't how to solve this problem.  Why an open source program would
>> > ask
>> > for a proprietary font in order to work is beyond my comprehension.
>>
>> I doubt it needs it, it wouldn't be in Debian main if it did.
>>
>> I'm guessing this is some configuration you, or a program you ran,
>> made.
>
> Yeah, I'd think so -- but where is it? The canonical places are either
> in ~/.Xresources or somewhere in /etc/X11/app-defaults. Curt -- can you
> have a look?

Removed all mention of verdana fonts in ~/.Xresources and ~/.Xdefaults
(did I put them there? Dunno) and the application (display) now opens
without complaint (after resourcing the above-mentioned configs with xrdb).

Thanks to you Tomas.

I'm calling it a night.

--
Hypertext--or should I say the ideology of hypertext?--is ultrademocratic and
so entirely in harmony with the demagogic appeals to cultural democracy that