Re: How to enable config in Kernel on boot?

On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 21:25 +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> I browsed for file /boot/config/$(uname -r) and found a line
> CONFIG DELL_RBTN # config not set
>
> I want the feature to be available, and have used in some other
> distribution.
> The file also says, do not modify it.
> How can I get it working?
>
> I am currently using Debian Stretch Linux 4.3 on Dell Inspiron 15
> 3543 amd64

That is a configuration file for compiling the kernel, nothing you
change in there will have any effect unless you rebuild the kernel
yourself.

But it looks like it is set on later kernels:

$ grep RBTN /boot/config-4.4.0-1-amd64
CONFIG_DELL_RBTN=m

So you just need to wait for it to hit stretch, or grab it from
unstable!

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson