How to get a "minimal font set"?

Even though I've tried hard to keep my system minimal, it somehow
ended up with way too many fonts, none of which I explicitly
installed.  These include outlandish stuff like "El Abogado Loco",
"Wargames", and "Vemana2000"...  How is this not bloat?

How can I reduced the fonts available in my system to those that I actually use?

(I imagine that, as time goes on, I may find that I need fonts I
previously did not consider necessary, but I'd prefer to install those
when the need arises, rather than have a ton of fonts lying around
just-in-case.)

I suppose that I can go down the list of fonts, and start uninstalling
them, but I wonder if there's a simpler approach.  For example, is
there a package for "essential fonts"?

Also, how can I find the packages that brought in the fonts that are
currently installed in my system?

Thanks in advance!

kj