Re: Do have programs have poor documentation? (was ... Re: Why? -- "A Modest Proposal")

On Saturday, December 31, 2016 04:34:16 AM Nemeth Gyorgy wrote:
> > There is noting magic about man pages--what I'm trying to say is that,
> > someone could start writing something similar to man pages, with all the
> > detail or introductory / explanatory material you (they) might want.
> > Maybe call them bman (for beginner man) pages?
>
> It is better if you call them 'info'. This is already exists, though
> less used but I think this is that you wish for.

Thanks for the on target reply!

I would say two things about info pages:

   * they use a different infrastructure than the man pages, one which seems a
little more obscure (that probably depends on what you are accustomed to
using)

   * in quite a few cases (at least for me), I've found that the content of
the info pages was the same as the content of the man pages

But, info pages could work.