Re: Problem adding lines to /etc/fstab

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 09:53:28AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> I added these two lines to /etc/fstab:
> /dev/sda7       /media/sda7     ext2    users,rw     0       0
> /dev/sda8       /media/sda8     ext2    users,rw     0       0
>
> All users can mount and read.
> However only root can create files or folders.

We went over this already.

In an ext2 file system, the files and directories INSIDE THE FILE SYSTEM
have standard Unix owners, groups and permissions.

If you want every file and directory to be destroyable by every single
user on the system, then you have two choices.  Either you turn on the
"other" write permission bit for every single file and directory in
the file system (and make sure directories don't have the sticky bit),
or you use a non-Unix file system that does not store Unix owners,
groups and permissions at all (e.g. FAT32).