Re: Pendrive computer

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 03:13:46 PM Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 12/28/2016 12:20 PM, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> >>
> >> Even if preloaded with Windoze I would be interested in a
> >> product specific reference.
> >> If it can run Windows(TM) it can run a "real" OS.
> >> Imagine you were VP of sales of a company that manufactured
> >> such a device. You started receiving requests from a market
> >> segment requiring no additional hardware engineering costs and
> >> the market wanted a free (as in speech &/or beer) OS.
> >
> > Most of the models seem to come pre-loaded with Windows, but one
> > model seems to come with Ubuntu (though that may have been
> > discontinued).  The specs say that they only have drivers for
> > Windows.  Google reports some install instructions for Ubuntu,
> > but haven't found any for Debian.

Oops, sorry, left off the name and link:

Intel Compute Stick CS125 Computer with Intel Atom x5 Processor and Windows 10

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Compute-Computer-Processor-
BOXSTK1AW32SC/dp/B01AZC4NHS/?tag=logicemail-20&ascsubtag=ceb730c4-376e-493a-
ab22-33e99d7aa8b4

It looks like a USB pendrive.