Subject: firefox + flashplayer on slow pc

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 23:10:52 +0100
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have an older notebook with ATI. (Actually I gave it to a friend)
> Recently I updated to OS is ubuntu 16.04 from 12.x.
>
> glxgears looks good, but after installing later firefox when watching
> some YT it slows down and video breaks. even lowering quality to 360 is
> not very good.
>
> I installed older version of FF and it was much better but still not
> good.
>
> Do you have any idea how I can improve this?
>
> thanks
I have an ATI 7780 card on Gentoo linux, kernel 4.8.15 with amdgpu-ucode
20160628, new kernel amd drivers (FLOSS ones), FF 50.1.0, and gnash
0.8.10_p20160329-r1
I can't complain, they are very stable and good. AMD is making great
progress on this front IMHO, though not all features are implemented.

BTW: FF *always* eats CPU cycles. Try qupzilla.

Sincerely,
David