Re: k3b can't find cdrecord

On 28/12/16 12:34 PM, Alberto Luaces wrote:
Gary Dale writes:

I'm running Debian/Stretch AMD64 using plasma desktop and I'm trying
to burn a CD image. However when I start k3b, I get an error message
"unable to find cdrecord executable" along with the suggestion that I
install cdrtools. K3b refuses to burn the CD image.

There is no package cdrtools but there was libcdr-tools. Unfortunately
installing that didn't help. Google was no help and neither was a
search of packages.debian.org.

I realize optical media is passé these days, but I find it difficult
to believe that support for burning CDs has been dropped. What do I
have to do to get k3b to burn a CD?

You can install wodim, this is what I use and it works fine.

Had wodim installed for a long time. One thing I find strange is that the k3b package still refers to cdrecord instead of to wodim since it appears to use wodim natively (locate doesn't find a cdrecord link to wodim).