Certbot: Too many certificates already issued for exact set of domains

Hello,

I had a problem with certbot, a program what automatically renews Lets
Encrypt certificates. And it refuses when I wanted to renew by hand,
because certbot did try it allready to often.

I did not found what I need using a search engine, other then "there is
no way other then to wait 7 days".

But there is. What you can do is add an extra name to your DNS, like
"www2.abc.nl", make your apache config listen to it, and then create an
certificate with an extra name, using "-d www2.abc.nl".

Because there is an extra name in the certificate, letsencrypt sees it
as another certificate and will register.

What I did before, is removing everything from the certificate in
/etc/letsencrypt/ and in the apache virthost.

Hope this helps!

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

For searchengines the whole error:
Attempting to renew cert from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/abc.nl.conf
produced an unexpected error: urn:acme:error:rateLimited :: There were
too many requests of a given type :: Error creating new cert :: Too many
certificates already issued for exact set of domains: abc.nl,www.abc.nl.
Skipping.

I've changed the domain-name.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/