Re: [repost] Equivalent of "aptitude --without-recommends" OR "apt-get --no-install-recommends" in preseed.cfg?

Richard Owlett wrote on 12/26/16 14:54:
> I had gabled the subject line and some of the text.
>
> On 12/26/2016 7:45 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> When doing my version of a minimalist install, I use lines
>> similar to:
>> tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard
>> d-i pkgsel/include string mate-desktop-environment-core xorg
>> xterm lightdm pluma synaptic gparted
>>
>> After browsing the man pages for aptitude and apt-get I was
>> wondering if I could come closer to my goal with fewer experimental
>> iterations if I could disable the installation of "recommended"
>> packages.
>>
>> I envision something *SIMILAR* to:
>> tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard
>> d-i pkgsel/include string mate-desktop-environment pluma synaptic
>> gparted

Try something like

  aptitude -R search '~pstandard' mate-desktop-environment synaptic pluma gparted

If it fits, then repeat the command with "search" replaced by "install".

I heartily recommend the package aptitude-doc-en and the sections "Search term
reference" and "Command-line reference" therein.

Regards,
jvp.