Re: Installing Lexmark printer firmware via USB

On Sunday 25 December 2016 10:58:49 Alex Gould wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Has anyone been able to upgrade a Lexmark printer firmware via USB in
> Linux?
>
> I am using an MS310d. Lexmark has a windows firmware update utility
> but it doesn't detect the printer under WINE.
>
> Printing workers ok with CUPS but the firmware update promises to fix
> some errors that I've noticed.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

We have a utility for that, and which I have used a couple times but
haven't managed to make it work with something expecting a winders box.
Do a search in your package manager of choice for "dfu", meaning Device
Firmware Updater. I've failed a few times but I haven't killed any
kittens with it either.  And I've succeeded a couple times.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)