Re: KIO Client

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Gary Roach <gary719_list1@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For some time, since I upgraded to Stretch, I have been having trouble
> accessing help files from various program help menus. The latest is with
> spyder. It pops a window with a heading of:
>         Sorry - KIO Client
> and a body that says:
>         KDEInit could not launch '/usr/lib/iceweasel/iceweasel'
>
> First I don't use iceweasel anymore but use Forefox-ESR.
>
> This problem makes a large portion of my help menus useless. Can anyone help
> with this. I use a KDE desktop

I do not have an answer for you. But for what it is worth, I am able
to launch help using spyder3 -> Help -> Spyder documentation on a
machine running Debian Stretch and KDE. The help file,
/usr/share/doc/python-spyderlib-doc/html/index.html,  is opened in
konqueror. However, when I close the konqueror and spyder3 windows, it
dies with a segmentation fault.

 % spyder3
zsh: segmentation fault  spyder3

--