Re: Preventing ACL on cdrom drive...

On Fri, 2016-12-23 at 20:54 +0100, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 23/12/2016 à 18:54, Nimrod a écrit :

> This is the issue: on a computer at home (shared among relatives, each
> with his/her own account), the first user that logs in after boot locks
> the cdrom drive, and any other user that logs in can't eject the cdrom:
> only the first user can eject it.

I suspect that in order to eject the CD, you must first unmount its
filesystem, but only the user who mounted it or root can unmount it if
the CD drive has the "user" option in /etc/fstab. Try to replace "user"
with "users" which allows any user to unmount it.
There is no line about cdrom in /etc/fstab. Cdrom are usually mounted under /media/<user>/cdrom or something like that. Since audio CD are not mounted, any user can eject them. This could be a good point for your suspicion (or is it "suspect"? Sorry, english is not my language).

Anyway, here is the output from mount about a CDROM:

/dev/sr0 on /media/andrea/CDROM type iso9660 (ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,mode=0400,dmode=0500,uhelper=udisks2)

Hope this is useful, thanks.