Re: chgrp with user

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 01:17:23AM +0100, Xen wrote:
> Life becomes a whole lot easier if you can do stuff with your regular
> user, which is why I am putting stuff in my user home directory in the
> first place, instead of some central location.

Making your life easier should NOT be your #1 priority when talking
about a public web server, especially if PHP is involved in any way.
Security should be at least somewhere near the top of the list.

You want to minimize the damage that an attacker can do when (not if)
your Apache+PHP stack gets compromised by yet another PHP vulnerability.