spam complaint

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original Message --------
On 2016年12月22日 上午4:49, M.A. Perry wrote:

Dear People,
A simple question for which I have so far found no
answer in the Debian documentation. My computer
is a domestic, Debian 8.6 AMD-64 box that uses
apt-get and aptitude for ugrades and/or installations.

We are currently writing a set of ip_tables rules for
a default baseline -A OUTPUT DROP. Thus the rules
will block outgoing traffic which is not specifically
permitted.

The URL specifications in /etc/apt/sources.list of
my Debian box contain both HTTP and FTP in the URL
for example: http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ and this
confuses me.

QUESTION:
Which data transfer protocol(s) are used for downloads
from the Debian Repository to my desktop? Must my
firewall ACCEPT
-- plain HTTP (port 80) ; or
-- is HTTPS (port 443) later involved; or
-- active FTP (port 20) used or
-- passive FTP (port 1024:65535) applicable ?
Can anyone enlighten me please??
Thanks in advance.
M.A. Perry