spam complaint

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

-------- Original Message --------
On 2016年12月22日 上午1:12, Pete Orrall wrote:

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 10:10 PM, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have an older notebook with ATI. (Actually I gave it to a friend) Recently
> I updated to OS is ubuntu 16.04 from 12.x.
>
> glxgears looks good, but after installing later firefox when watching some
> YT it slows down and video breaks. even lowering quality to 360 is not very
> good.

I have the same problem on my Debian workstation running Jessie at
work. While it's a fairly beefy desktop with a Core i7 and 16GB, it
also has an ATI video card. I experience the same sluggish behavior
watching YouTube videos through Firefox. Watching the same videos at
the same resolution through Chrome does not produce the same
sluggishness. I have not yet tried Chromium. While watching videos
in both browsers I've viewed CPU usage in top. Firefox was chewing
away over 50% of the CPU whereas Chrome consumed 11%.

Additionally, I have a laptop and desktop at home running Wheezy and
Jessie, respectively. Neither one uses ATI for graphics and I have no
problems with sluggishness on watching YouTube videos with Firefox.
You could try updating the driver to see if that improves performance.
Otherwise, perhaps a different browser is needed.

Hope that helps.

--
Pete Orrall
pete@cs1x.com