Re: Jessie gdm3 configuration for multiseat

Op Mon, 19 Dec 2016 16:29:45 +0100 schreef Joshua Brickel <joshua.brickel@gmail.com>:

I have been having problems finding documentation on how to set up gdm3 for a multiseat environment in debian version Jessie.  I've looked on the gdm website:

https://help.gnome.org/admin/gdm/stable/

but to no-avail.

In general I've found a lot of information on the previous version of gdm located on the web, but not for gdm3.  Can anyone point me to a link.  Are the commands the same as in gdm2 and since there is no gdm.conf file any longer should I put the directives in the daemon.conf file?

Thanks,

Joshua

Multiseat is build-in in gdm3, so there is no configuration file.

So how to make a multiseat?

- you must use systemd
- remove old Xorg.conf multiseat files! (a Nvidia file is fine)
- run $ loginctl seat-status seat0
and find the keyboard, mouse and Gpu you want to use on your second seat
(the gpu must be a "master" device)
- run $ loginctl attach seat1 /sys/devices/pci.../.../.../your/mouse
for your mouse, keyboard and Gpu

log-off and log-on and gdm3 will appear on both screens

Success,

Floris

older information:
http://code.lexarcana.com/posts/simple-multiseat-setup-on-fedora-17.html