SOLVED:Re: Restore problem deja dup

According to the message I was also thinking it had to do with rights on my new installed system
At last I found that the pointer to the backup directory was the problem. As the external hard drive was already re/dicognized I entered the path from there to the directory.
When I tried again I entered the full path starting /media/username/externalhdname/directory/directory.

Thanks for anserwering!!!!

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com

18. Dec 2016 14:18 by aquarius@tutanota.de:

I re-installed Debian Jessie after making a backup of my home directory.
Maybe the hostname of the new installation is different from before.
When trying to restore my backup I get an error saying:
"Error creating directory. Permission denied."
I would think the to be created directory is on my new system. But I really do not know how to make the home directory available to deja dup.

In desperate need of help. TIA!