Re: Help! -- Not enough space to store temporary files

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11697214/how-to-set-the-tmpdir-environment-variable-to-another-directory

Cheers!
--
Boyan Penkov
www.boyanpenkov.com

On Dec 17, 2016, at 9:21 PM, Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> wrote:

Dennis Wicks wrote on 12/17/2016 07:36 PM:
I am trying to install Qt on Debian 3.16.7-ckt20-1+deb8u2
and I get a message that there is not enough disk space to
store temporary files. It needs 580+ meg and only has 300+ meg.

After searching here and there I tried entering the command

    sudo mount -o remount,size=1G tmpfs /tmp

which is supposed to increase the size temporarily and
"on-the-fly" but I still get the same error message.

Any ideas??

TIA for your help!

Dennis

Oops! That is "Not enough --"

Anyway, I just noticed that tmp is in a VG that is very small.
How do I temporarily tell the Qt installer to use temp space
on another partition. Say something like "/work4"?

Thanks again! You all are always very helpful!!

Dennis