Re: (error) @ flashplugin-nonfree

On 18/12/16 07:56, Richard Kuenz wrote:
please see attached report
thanks
rich

Rich,

the Debian flashplugin-nonfree package downloads the Adobe flash plugin from Adobe servers. The only content provided by Debian is a small metadata update by the package maintainer.

Last week flash plugin 24.0.0.186 went live for Linux NPAPI. This is a major upgrade over 11.2.202.644. It appears that the old version of flashplugin-nonfree in wheezy is incompatible with these changes.

I was able to install flashplugin-nonfree from testing on a Debian wheezy live system (7.11). I added the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list (and I like to comment-out this line when not in use):

deb http://http.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib

then ran "apt-get update" and installed with:

apt-get install -t testing flashplugin-nonfree

You can confirm the installation by running:

update-flashplugin-nonfree --status

and by navigating to:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Kind regards,