Re: *WHY* does Debootstrap wiki page point Users to Ubuntu?

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 06:43:54PM -0500, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> Hi, All :)
>
> Please forgive me if I have simply missed the memo where we bought
> Ubuntu or Ubuntu bought Debian to where this is an appropriate move.
>
> So what had had happened was... I've been attempting to debootstrap

[...]
No error message, no description what you did..

> https://wiki.debian.org/Debootstrap
>
> Toward the bottom of the page there...

Is *ONE* example how to install ubuntu via dbebootstrap. And ubuntu is a
debian based distribution, why in fact debbootstrap works.
The rest of the page however is about debian.

I think you are overreacting a bit.

> My sincerest apologies if I have in fact missed the memo where that's
> the direction we're going. If it's an executive decision that was
> made, that's.... what it is what it is... what it is.
>
> #ThankYou to *EVERYONE* who contributes. Debian has been a MAJOR part
> of my abject poverty level computing for several years now.
>
> Cindy :)

-H

--
Henning Follmann           | hfollmann@itcfollmann.com