Re: Is preseed.cfg flexible enough?

Hi Richard,

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 06:56:23AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Can preseed.cfg handle those and similar in an D.E. agnostic manner?

If you can't find a feature or setting built in to d-i's preseed,
then you can always preseed a program or shell script and run it at
the end of the install:

d-i preseed/late_command    /path/to/some/script.sh

So yes ultimately preseed can do anything, with a greater or lesser
degree of effort.

It seems like you have already worked out the commands to type to
fix your issues manually, so you are half way there.

If the problem is how to achieve it globally, regardless of desktop
environment, then I would suggest the question isn't really about
preseed. The first step would be to work out how to do it manually,
and then put it in preseed.cfg.

I'm afraid I don't know how to solve your issues globally without
regard to desktop environment.

Cheers,
Andy