Re: How to mount a LVM?

Hello,

On 11/24/2016 08:35 PM, Robert Latest wrote:
Hey all,

I got it to work ONCE, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it again.

This is what I think I did the first time, but for the second time it just doesn't work.

root@dotcom:~# mdadm --assemble --scan
mdadm: /dev/md/2 has been started with 1 drive.
mdadm: /dev/md/3 has been started with 1 drive.

---OK, good so far. Now let's find the LVs

root@dotcom:~# lvmdiskscan
  /dev/loop0 [     213.51 MiB]
  /dev/loop1 [     206.55 MiB]
  /dev/sda1  [      30.00 GiB]
  /dev/loop2 [     220.89 MiB]
  /dev/md2   [     926.91 GiB] LVM physical volume
  /dev/loop3 [     208.05 MiB]
  /dev/md3   [     926.91 GiB] LVM physical volume
  /dev/sda5  [       2.00 GiB]
  /dev/sda6  [      30.00 GiB]
  /dev/sda7  [     200.00 GiB]
  /dev/sda8  [     203.76 GiB]
  /dev/sdb1  [       2.37 GiB]
  /dev/sdb2  [       2.00 GiB]
  /dev/sdc1  [       2.37 GiB]
  /dev/sdc2  [       2.00 GiB]
  /dev/sdd1  [     465.76 GiB]
  /dev/sde1  [     149.05 GiB]
  0 disks
  15 partitions
  0 LVM physical volume whole disks
  2 LVM physical volumes

---Still looking good. Now I'm supposed to find the logical volumes,
---but lvdisplay simply doesn't show anything.

root@dotcom:~# lvdisplay
root@dotcom:~#

---Now I'm stuck. All LVM instructions I find on the Internet say that I find the path of the LVM device by using lvdisplay. Also I know that one hour ago I had my volumes mounted and was copying data from them. After properly syncing and unmounting them, and stopping the LVM and md thingys, I'm stuck now.

Any suggestions?

robert

I have a problem to understand what is actually your issue with LVM. Was your system working before and now logical volumes that were existing before disappeared?

What is the situation with volume group or groups? What does vgscan or vgs commands say?

BR,

Roland