Re: Execution of maintainer scripts and dependencies of package

On 23/11/16 19:46, Ravi Roy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a question regarding the package maintainer scripts (preinst,
> postinst, prerm and postrm) and dependencies of the package
>
> I've a meta package where i've certain dependencies mentioned and i'm
> checking a config file in 'preinst' from a dependent package but is not
> found.
>
> Question is : All dependencies of the package are installed and
> configured first then maintainers scripts are run or  ?
> Thank you

I'm not entirely clear on the specifics, but you might find
"Pre-Depends" is more reliable for this.

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html suggests
that this should only be an issue if there's a circular dependency, but
I may be reading it wrong.

Richard