Setting up reportbug

I have tried several times to set up debians reportbug. I do not have an MTA installed and further I don't whant an MTA installed. I use Mozilla firebird (icedove) mail client and am a happy camper. But every time I try to report a bug, reportbug starts wanting an MTA. How do I get around this problem. Can I get around this problem. This account with verizon.net (aol now) is what I wish to use for all of my technical email.

Gary R.