Re: Coercing sane file permissions -- site specific

Ok, I tried it on Jessie, and it works essentially the same way, with a few
slight differences:

   * when the USB stick shows up in dolphin, it does not show the mount point,
instead it says something like "Removable 8MiB device"

   * if I then go to a CLI and look under media, I find the device listed as
follows, and can access the files:

e.g., ls /media/<myuserid>/84BE-2329.

I don't know where the "84BE-2329" comes from, but it seems to be associated
with the USB stick, as it is the same on both machines.