Re: BRIGHTNESS LEVEL FIXED ON SONY VAIO VPCEH38FN

Yeah, the problem was solved by some minor changes /etc/default/grub.d
Edit this line:
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor"

And it was done. This worked on my Ubuntu 14.04. And fortunately here on debian also..
And yes Cindy, other Fn/hotkeys works just fine on my pc with debian. [On my vaio, the wireless switch is a hardware one rather than software]

On Saturday, 19 November 2016 7:32 AM, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:

On 11/16/16, Atish Pandey <atish_pandey@ymail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I am new to Debian, and have recently installed Debian 8.6 Jessie GNOME 3.0
> on my sony vaio VPCEH38FN. It has a Nvidia Geforce 410 M graphics card.
> The issue is that the screen brightness is set to maximum and it is not
> changing by hotkeys Fn+F6/F5.The brightness indicator changes the value but
> it doesnot reflect on the screen.
> Any help would be appreciate.Thanks in advanced.

Congratulations on your new Debian! Does your Fn key work as expected
for other behaviors such as turning wifi on and off, raising the sound
level up and down, those kinds of actions *IF* that worked previously
for your setup?

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey