Re: BRIGHTNESS LEVEL FIXED ON SONY VAIO VPCEH38FN

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016, Atish Pandey wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am new to Debian, and have recently installed Debian 8.6 Jessie
GNOME 3.0 on my sony vaio VPCEH38FN. It has a Nvidia Geforce 410 M
graphics card.

The issue is that the screen brightness is set to maximum and it is
not changing by hotkeys Fn+F6/F5. The brightness indicator changes
the value but it doesnot reflect on the screen.

You might take a look at this page...

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Debugging/Backlight

... and see if there is some information there that helps you.

Keep in mind that it is an ubuntu wiki page, so not everything there
translates directly to debian. (In other words, do not try to follow
the instructions to report bugs using "ubuntu-bug" command, etc.)

If you find a workaround or a solution (or if you do not) I hope you
will keep us posted here.