Re: Problems with hibernation - randomly cannot resume.

On 11/17/16, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> On 11/17/2016 10:36 AM, Kamil Jońca wrote:
>> Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

>>> I get this only with kernel 4.7.0-1.amd4. Try switching to
>>> 4.6.0-1-amd64 or 4.8.0-1-amd64.
>>>
>>> Hugo
>> Hm :)
>> uname -a
>> Linux bambus 4.7.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.7.8-1 (2016-10-19) x86_64
>> GNU/Linux
>> Match.
>> I'll try.
>>

> If you run an updated Sid then 4.6.0-1-amd64  and 4.8.0-1-amd64 will
> still be around. Run with either of those and your problem will go away.

I'm curious to see if that helps. In the meantime, I'm throwing out
another variable I've encountered myself. Just by accident I noticed
that the random recovery ability mine experienced had to do with
whether I was on battery power or plugged into an electric wall
socket.

Battery power = in the vicinity of ~99% fail. Wall socket power
supplied = ~99% success, give or take..

Mine... I started to say that one difference for me was mine didn't
reboot itself. Changing that to say... *I don't think* it ever
rebooted itself. *I* had to reboot it before I could get back in.

It wasn't predictable as to how or why, but quite a few of those
reboots, it would go back into to exactly where my session had been
dropped after a hard reboot. That just doesn't happen for me,
regardless of settings I've tried, but there it was doing after the
session froze during hibernation.

One of my ongoing replies to these issues has been about what kind of
memory is available. Will now be adding... what kind of power supply
are you running off of when you can't recover from sleep/hibernation?

It's like it's about that difference in power supply *oomph* for some
reason, on top of everything else... and which makes (common) sense if
laptops start shutting down various things (e.g. dimming the screen)
to keep running as long as possible before a battery charge finally
totally gives out... :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with a 2nd hand crochet hook and a stash of fabulously mismatched yarn *