Re: Movie problem

On 11/14/2016 05:54 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Hi all;

Background;
Need to submit to the alibaba site, a movie demonstration the broken
video coming out of an Orange-pi-plus-2e.

Camera is a Sony Digital Hi-8 Handycam, firewire interface.
Raw video is bulky as its a digital format, full resolution of 720x480.
so its close to 6 gigabytes a running minute when captured over the
firewire port.

The only movie editor we have, that can also control this camera for
start/stop/capture etc, is kino. No other movie prosessing utility we
have has ever been in the same county as a firewire port

Web submission site at aliexpress.com has no clue what to do with a a
raw-dv file and refuses to take it as an evidence submission.

Kino, as in running on a fully uptodate wheezy, apparently can't find
ffmpeg to make the conversion when I attempt to export this 1 minutes
worth of raw-dv format video.  ffmpeg and all its friends are installed.
But in kino, the whole page of mpeg4 options is ghosted out.

Does anybody have a clue what I should sniff about for next?

Thanks & Cheers, Gene Heskett

Gene you'll probable find what you need here,
"deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ wheezy main non-free"

regards,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian - Wheezy - KDE 4.8.4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda1
Registered Linux User #380263