Re: parted is ALMOST suitable

On 11/9/2016 4:27 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
[*SNIP*]

BTW it's very easy to fool the application itself (and this might be
a perverse "solution" to Richard's problem). Just run gparted under
fakeroot. It won't convey you read/write permissions you don't have,
but it will fool gparted to think it's running as root:

That may do the trick. Especially as what I wanted was descriptive information concerning the physical partition and wanted it displayed in a convenient format. I was explicitly avoiding operations requiring root privileges to avoid "shooting self in foot".