Re: Difference between LUKS drives with cryptsetup and Disks?

Hi Joerg,
* Joerg Desch <news@jdesch.de> [04. Nov. 2016]:
> I've created a LUKS partition which I mount on demand. This partition was
> created using cryptsetup. While mounting the partition, GNOME asks me
> first for the passphrase and than for the "admin" password.
>
> A while ago, I've created a LUKS partition on an USB thumb drive using
> GNOME Disks. In this case, mounting requires only the passphrase. And
> that doesn't depend on the used computer!
>
> What is the difference? Can I change the behavior of my older LUKS
> partition too?

Most probably this is a permissions problem.  Mount the partition
which you encrypted with cryptsetup and do a

ls -ld /path/to/mountpoint

there you will see the owner (probably root) and the permissions
set for this mount point.

If this is the case you may change the owner like this:

sudo chown -R youruserid:youruserid  /path/to/mountpoint

HTH, Gregor
--