Re: terminate unwanted bug mail how?

Brian composed on 2016-10-31 22:27 (UTC):

On Mon 31 Oct 2016 at 17:58:18 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

Brian composed on 2016-10-31 19:11 (UTC):

With POP3 you could find mailfilter useful.

Issue here is about wasted bandwidth, something local filtering cannot
handle AFAICT. Bugs usually have links to attachments that can be clicked on

You didn't say how you got mail. I thought the "POP3" would prompt you
to say.

Sorry for expecting the reader to infer from my response the POP3 connection used here.

But we are still in the dark. And it does not appear you have
investigated what mailfilter can do if your bandwidth is contrained

Another mistake. I supposed you meant mail filter rather than an app named [M]ailfilter. Now that I'm apprised of mailfilter I will need to investigate, once I've encountered of an available round tuit. It sounds like something overdue for many moons.

when seeing them by list mail recipient is wished. Why they need to go out
to all subscribers and populate mailing list archives I don't grok. I'd
think at least by option subscribers could choose not having bug attachments
attached to each list mail.

Debian conducts its business through mailing lists and bug reports can
be a crucial part of it.

Understood.

If you are particularly interested in a list
you take the rough with the smooth.

Old news. I've been a regular to lots of mailing lists for upwards of 18 years, using Netscape 2 and its lineage the entire time, other than an occasional brief daliance troubleshooting via web mail.

...unsubscribe.

Done.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/