Re: bash NEWBIE I/O and I/O redirection problems

On 10/24/2016 10:09 PM, der.hans wrote:
Am 24. Oct, 2016 schwätzte Richard Owlett so:

moin moin Richard,

"to stdout AND "logfile" can be accomplished with tee.

# puts the results of ls in the file and also shows results on
STDOUT
# the -a tells tee to append so repeated calls will get all of
the output
# from your script
ls | tee -a /tmp/ls.out

By default tee truncates so without the -a it will first zero out
the
file, then start adding text.

Thank you. I found that out over on alt.os.linux.debian when my post to this group took a proverbial forever to show up.