Re: Most compatible way to prepare USB stick

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 01:11:10 +0900
Mark Fletcher <mark27q1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks and sorry for the simple question! Google didn't turn up much
> on this as most sticks come ready to use and there is less to be said
> about "re-formatting" a stick after it's had an image written to it...

Simple but not trivial. Since you have used the phrase 'most
compatible' in the subject line, I'm afraid I must recommend using
Windows. Windows is by far the fussiest about disc formats, and it
really can't argue if has done the job itself.

At least two of the sticks I use regularly cause Win8 to complain that
there is a problem with them, although it seems to read and write them
OK, and to be incapable of delivering on its offer to 'fix' them.

--
Joe